1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Kerry supports the troops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Gee, the Army lowers its own standards in order to meet goals set by the DoD, which is run by Donald Rumsfeld, who shouldn't be allowed to sweep out a barracks, let alone control the military. I'm shocked.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The army will be swimming in intelligent, upper middle-class recruits when they increase those sign-up bonuses, though. We'll outsmart them and kick their asses in squash and lacrosse.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing every democratic candidate in next week's election pretty much wants to fucking kill Kerry right now...

When people wonder how he lost in 2004, just watch a tape of him speaking. Enough said.

When the dems find a likable candidate (yes, Obama qualifies) they'll have a chance at the White House...

4. i"m guessing that mostof them are more than happy to talk about Iraq.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

6. The only history you seem interested in is Vietnam.

Still doing the time warp.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it".

Plus ca change.......

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Simply put Kerry's a douchebag. And so is Ted Kennedy.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And that comes from someone with deep personal knowledge of what it takes to be a douchebag.

10. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

"Red Smith Clone." Jesus.

11. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Am I missing something. I checked this link and, after finding no mention of Kerry, did a search for his name. Didn't find it anywhere. What the hell does he have to do with this story?

At this point, I have one suggestion. People who continue to point fingers at the democrats when it's the other guys who have screwed up almost everything they have touched are suffering from some serious psychological ills. Get thee to a damned psychologist and try to work through your delusions. I mean, it's as though the star player of the team has just killed his family, but the fans all want to talk about the second-string shortstop's drinking problem.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I disagree. You make it sound like it HAS to be an either/or proposition. You HAVE to defend Kerry or you HAVE to defend Bush. Fuck that.

Kerry is a boob, IMO. Bush is an idiot, IMO. I don't recall the rule where I have to like either one or the other. They are both gasbags. This thread happened to be about Kerry being a douche. It doesn't mean that Bush is "right" in any way. This thread was about Kerry. There's plenty of threads about Bush, most of them deserved, IMO. This was a Kerry thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted