1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Harbaugh lands Ravens gig

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

if you cover the ravens, you should be ecstatic

2. Harbaugh was special teams coach in Philly for a while and the Birds' specialties were always very good under Harbaugh. He asked Andy Reid to coach something else last year because he didn't want to be classified as purely a special teams coach. I guess that did the trick for him.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Better that than liver spots

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

In Japan?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, I'm good at life. Originally, I had "regular season," then I put pitchers and catchers. I should have waited until I stopped wetting myself with excitement. Obviously, I wasn't thinking clearly.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Will Jim Harbaugh be joining this staff? I would think it would be a big step up from head coach of Stanford to NFL offensive coordinator.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

(Semi)-Little-known fact: Marquette basketball coach Tom Crean is brother-in-law to Jim and John Harbaugh.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Western Kentucky.
    Right state, though!

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

John Harbaugh was also a candidate for the UCLA job.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Rumor is he'll be bringing Pat Shurmer, the Eagles QB coach, with him to Baltimore to be the Ravens O-Coordinator.

John's a great guy and a great coach. Talked with him several times, very polite and answered every question without much "coach speak." Big energy guy, too. Baltimore fans should be thrilled.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fucking Kentucky and its multitude of smaller colleges :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted