1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John from Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 11, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I thought it was Gonad.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monad

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Man, I find it hard to let that sit, especially because you normally have pretty good taste in these things.

But "Big Love" just got better and better the entire first season, ending with an explosive season-ender. Well-acted, great story, it has it all.

And even if it didn't, you could stare at Chloe Sevigny for an hour.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm exactly with Mizzour here -- plus cannot stand Chloe.

5. I tried to watch John from Cincy again and counted three former HBO show vets in the first 10 minutes ... one from Sex and the City and two from Oz. Still couldn't make it through the show. I'm going to have to be really bored.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm just pissed Rome isn't coming back.

7. It's not? Why not? I'm just finally getting into it off the reruns ...

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's about 59:47 too long. (That may have something to do with the fact that Chloe Sevigny has played an absolute bitch in just about every single role I can ever recall seeing her in.)

Now Ginnifer Goodwin... hmmmmmm.

Tripplehorn was pretty hot in her younger days, but "BL" seems to want to emphasize that she's the oldest of the wives, by making her look older and matronly.

9. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

It looks like I am the only person in the world who didn't watch The Sopranos (never got into it and just got HBO last year). Maybe that was why I liked John from Cincy. I wasn't drunk off Tony and Carmella.

I am rewatching John from Cincy right now and it is even wierder the second time. John is one strange cat. At the hotel scene, he starts mumbling some stuff that don't make a lot of sense ----- yet.

From the web site --
    The entire episode he would repeat what everyone else said, except in this scene. Just stange but cool.

The next episode is already on On Demand. Looks like I might be the only one watching though. I know a lot will be figured out in the upcoming episodes.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Me three....

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I heard Dylan McKay was in it.

I'll watch if this John guy can bring back Scott Gunkid.

12. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

His new name is Linc.

Draft saved Draft deleted