1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John from Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 11, 2007.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

A very off-the-wall show. It seems to be fair to it, you've got to give it 3 episodes just to see if you can get into it, especially with something as odd as this.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She forty-fucking-eight?

Christ, she has aged well.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Al Bundy (Ed O'Neil) looks like he's decomposing before our very eyes.

4. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Deadwood died for this crap? What a shame.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I didn't get it. Thought the acting was pretty bad.

I really miss Deadwood.

6. I was about to say the same thing. I couldn't get through it last night but I attribute some of that to Sopranos-intoxication. HBO's track record is such that it's always worth being patient. The Wire is now my favorite show on TV but I'll admit the first few episodes were very slow because it was developing characters. The payoff was well worth it - the last half of the season was awesome.

I have to imagine this show will move faster once the plot and characters are established.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is it better than Big Love?

That was a show where I tuned in, liked it and then lost interest very quickly...

8. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

Me, too. She's fiesty & angry in this show, too. Interesting.

it is an odd, odd show. TV writer in yesterday's paper said to give it 3 episodes, which I suspect I will. Especially since it's summertime and the Sopranos are over and TV sucks. ;)

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

ZING!!!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Several reviews I've read all have the "give it three episodes" line. I suspect it's because HBO sent out three episodes to all the reviewers.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Have you ever made love on a real train?"

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Try searching for the definition of John's last name, Monad. It's some heavy philosophical stuff...

Draft saved Draft deleted