1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Elway's Horsefaced Heroes; Week 7 NCAA FB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 12, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Coco,

No. 4 is Delaware State at Michigan, not the Fightin' Blue Hens. Big difference.

Any Michigan fan who pays to see this game - especially in lieu of a ninth Big 10 game - is getting royally ripped off.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Boise already has given up 7 more points to Tulsa than No. 20 OU did.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

14-8 Tulsa. Has the makings of a good game.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How many points does Boise have to win by to not drop in the polls. I've got to figure voters are looking for a reason.

And has any Sun Belt coach ever moved up to a bigger program? I've heard of a few who moved on to become OCs or DCs, but the conference has always seemed to be a dumping ground.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Man, Tulsa dodged a bullet on the kickoff. Fumbled but recovered. They can't afford turnovers, because I don't think they're going to be stopping Boise too often.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Both teams could get into the high 40's, maybe even low 50's

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No, not that I can think of. Though surely Troy's Larry Blakeney would have gotten a big job years ago if not for some (cough) NCAA baggage (cough) in his past. (Might even have succeeded Pat Dye at Auburn).

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Defensive pass interference? Yeah, sure. Not that it mattered too much since Tulsa got the ball back on a fumble.

9. Simon

Simon Active Member

Kansas football players hate not only basketball players but also their fans: http://cjonline.com/sports/football/2009-10-13/ku_disappointed_in_fans

"It is disappointing when you're in a conference game and you're a top 20 team and you're in a close game where you could really use some fan support, and half the student section leaves," quarterback Todd Reesing said. "All the guys notice that on the team. It's hard not to notice."

10. DanOregon

That will change Mr. Reesing, that will change. The top 20 team part I mean.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Close game; People stay.

Close game against Iowa fucking State; People don't

12. DanOregon

Oklahoma beat Tulsa 45-0, even if Boise covers the 10 points, I don't think it's enough. I'm thinking they fall behind USC in the AP if they don't score another couple of touchdowns. I don't even know if they'd beat Cincinnati.

Draft saved Draft deleted