1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Elway's Horsefaced Heroes; Week 7 NCAA FB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that OU is still missing their most important offensive player.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And without two losses, one of which came in a game where Bradford didn't do much in his two-plus quarters.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Last year dude. Nice memory.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

first time since 1976 florida state is 2-4, bowden's first year. (espn)

5. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

That was the only losing season he's had in Tallahassee.
    And now he might have another one in what could (and definitely SHOULD) be his last year. Nice way to bookend his career there. But hey, those years in the middle were pretty damn good for the Seminoles.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Seen Mallett play in person. Great arm, but he makes Drew Bledsoe look like Fran Tarkenton. Seriously, Mallett should have pigeon shit on his shoulder, he's such a friggin' statue in the pocket.

And, as you might expect of a quarterback that is 6-7, he slips into bad habits mechanically when he's pressured. Florida's gonna light his ass up.

And yes, Arkansas' defense is terrible. Their safeties are among the worst I've ever seen. Slow, take bad angles and can't tackle.

Finally, I resent a college football thread being named after John Elway. Guy never even played in a bowl game.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me borrow your log-on, Snake. :)

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks Oklahoma with Bradford now playing is the 20th best team in the country needs to go back to watching pee-wee football. They'll prove it on the field when they beat Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma State and maybe even Texas.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Only a few attractive games to me...

Purdue +13 at home vs. Ohio State
    Georgia -7.5 at Vandy
    CMU -6.5 at WMU
    Minny +16.5 at Penn State
    Spurrier +17 at Saban

Gun to my head, I'd take Oklahoma and the points against Texas, but I doubt I play it.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You're completely nuts. Purdue is a joke. They haven't given up less than 24 in a game. OSU scores 30 in this game easy. You think Purdue gets more than two TDs against the Buckeyes??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You make valid points. Just a hunch, I guess. I've had worse hunches, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

OK, Bradford may not have been playing particularly well against BYU, but there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been worth at least one drive for points in the second half of that game, or, for that matter, against Miami. Remember, OU has two losses to two pretty good teams by exactly two points. Not sure they can get back into the NC race, but they can certainly run the table in the Big 12 and get to a BCS bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted