1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards quits the race

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Nice try but way off the mark. As someone who has dealt with cancer, the is no way in hell I would comment about his wife.

As FH stated above, there was story he had a baby from an affair and one underlings took the hit publicly.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One of the underlings admitted to being the father?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . one of many, many, many . . .

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Yeah, another staffer said he was the baby daddy.
    Matt Drudge didn't give the story much attention, so you know it was some pretty lame-assed gossip.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Edwards was happy to hand the little fellow over to his rightful father:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That hasn't stopped Fudgy previously, especially when the RNC needed some water carried . . .

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I always thought if the ticket in 2004 had been reversed, there might have been a different outcome...

8. You and me both, Mizzou.

I always thought that if the 2004 ticket had been Edwards and a flaming pile of dogshit, there might have been a different outcome.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I dunno. Cheney undressed Edwards in the debates (he undressed him with unadulterated bullshit, but he undressed him . . . ), and it was Kerry's turn (he turned down the VP shot in '00 to take his main shot in '04) . . .

10. But you underestimating how well the flaming pile of dogshit would have done against Cheney.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I would have loved to have seen Abbie Hoffman debating Cheney.

But in a stiff, formal, moderated setting, with no one there to challenge Cheney's line of fantasy, the guy's a tough out.

12. And you don't know when he might just shoot you.

Draft saved Draft deleted