1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards quits the race

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

All class, true.

But Edwards is still a force to be reckoned with. Because he's still on the ballot in the Super Tuesday states, he'll pick up even more delegates, and his delegates can be the difference in the race between Clinton and Obama. I'm sure Clinton is ready to tell Edwards what a great guy he is, too.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Way too late for that. Edwards will eventually endorse Obama rather than the DLC candidate.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

The wrong person saying all the right things. I might be a pinko, but I would have been skeeved bigtime over President Foof.

4. Sorry you feel that way.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

I know he's your man, Mr. Bastard. And after Chris Dodd, he was probably my closest match, politically, so I understand why he's your man. But my three days with him were probably the worst of my professional life.

A foof with a great wife and a collection of scummy, scummy people around him. Those were my findings.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

John Edwards could very well end up being a Supreme Court justice, well at least that's my hope.
    And I had a bad personal experience with the Edwards campaign, so I'm not the hugest fan, but I always thought he was a decent guy. Just a damn shame his campaign handlers sucked major ass.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just a note to add, I have heard that Edwards' top-level aides can be very crappy for the press to deal with, but his field folks are, for the most part, the salt of the earth.

8. My own experience with him differs greatly.
    Selah.

9. Shit. Edwards is done.
    Can I vote for Jed Bartlet?

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I guess Pancamo's saying Elizabeth Edwards, who has terminal cancer, is fat.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There was a tabloid story for a day or so about how Edwards was supposed to be the father of the child of an aide of his who got pregnant. It was a reall piss-poor story and quickly fell off the map.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Are you nuts? It's not a joke. Not everyone with a law degree (or without) should be a SC Justice. That was the problem with Harriet Meirs. There are liberals who are real scholars in the field, don't trivialize the position by giving it out to a guy becuase you like his 2 speeches.

Draft saved Draft deleted