1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards lost the election today on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 4, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Look, back there, Yawn.

That's the bend. You've gone right 'round it.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Since you didn't use the sarcasm font, I assume you were being serious and have come to your senses. Good job, Yawn.

Finally, we agree.

3. Personally, I think TD Jakes is cool.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Sorry to disappoint you, but....compare my lack of sarcasm symbols to any of your stuff that is seriously posted as serious discussion.

Andwhocares.....it's free to post here. To post here is good old-fashioned Republican business practices....sound business practices.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fenian, a TD Jakes fan?

Apparently you haven't heard this....

Some Christians would consider him too Pentecostal, and even some Pentecostals question aspects of his theology. Jakes has called homosexuality a "brokenness" and says he would not hire a sexually active gay person. It is a common position among conservative religious leaders (Graham, for instance, called homosexuality a sin), but gay Americans would have no reason at all to consider Jakes their preacher.
    --Source: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/americasbest/TIME/society.culture/jakes.html

Damn hatemongerer. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) just to be clear.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh and a quick search will find those who point out that T.D.Jakes was at the immediate aid of Bush during the Katrina fallout.

But as Fenian the Leftist says, T.D. Jakes is cool.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, I may be an idiot, Yawn, but I'm a non-practicing idiot.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

After three consecutive posts, Yawn, you're officially talking to yourself.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

They have elections on Meet the Press?
    I missed it.
    Does anyone have the number I'm supposed to text my vote into?
    I don't want to miss out next week.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Don't bother Reverend. Your know-it-alls have already crowned Madame Che. So let's just stop the spending before the primaries. You can preach it, can't you?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How dare you speak that way to Pastor Ted?

He's 100 percent heterosexual, you know.

12. TD Jakes is retrograde on gay people. He also preached one of the best sermons I ever saw on the primacy of the individual conscience -- "Outside The Camp" -- from a conservative minister, And he's cool because he actually thinks and preaches about stuff like this:
    "I bet whoever created the first set of satin sheets could not have been a man" he writes in The Lady, Her Love and Her Lord. "Although I'd be hard pressed to find a guy who didn't like the feel of satin against his skin, most men would agree that satin is the worst possible material for love ... from a male perspective, it makes you slide as a skater in an ice rink ...."
    Amen, Rev.
    And the Che thing is still stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted