1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards lost the election today on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

His recent house purchase seemed to impede his understanding of Two Americas, but his commentary on Meet the Press on Sunday sealed it for plenty.

While talking about his Southern Baptist background and how he opposed gay marriage on that basis, he seemed to be taking a position while being careful not to offend a chunk of his own party, citing repeatedly his Southern Baptist heritage.

Then, Mr. Russert asks him if he thought homosexuality was a sin, he said "no." So Mr. Edwards, either it is a personal issue with you or your faith is skewed. The SBC interpretation of scripture and their stated position is quite clear on homosexuality; therefore for you to say it's personal and not affirm your own beliefs based on scripture is simply astounding. How could anyone believe your words on the campaign if you waffle on your own faith?

Hey Johnnyboy, say you have trouble with your SBC faith and say you're for gay marriage, or abide by your faith and say on the basis of that which I believe, I cannot support it. You can't have it both ways. If you can't stand on this, can you stand on anything? Evidently, you learned a lot from the guy you ran with - and lost.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

D_B.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/37212/

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Just got the Drudge memo, I'm guessing.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hell no. I just watched it.

A Democrat who I might have voted for just shoved me back to the right of center.

And again, it's because the man can't be honest with himself, much less America.

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

You must really want Anarchy in the USA.

"Major military operations in Iraq are over." May 1, 2003.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And I've said how stupid that was. Bush should have sealed the borders and increased troops to win the peace.

He didn't.

Woulda coulda shoulda.

Bill's thought of that himself....infatuation with Monica's blowjob ability or nailing Osama? Hmmm.....those lips........

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Lamar,

Not my fight, but it's a little painful to watch Yawn trying to make a serious point about something he or she is obviously trouble about, only to have you regurgitate the same old Daily Kos krap.

You don't get to run against Bush again (not that you had much luck beating him. Twice.)

Sorry. Time to ... wait for it ... move on.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I'm not troubled with it, I've simply ditched any thought of voting for the bastard.

And my apologies for what is basically a duplicate thread. I missed it the first time around.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I gave Edwards a good hard look in '04, and decided that I just didn't think it would work. Since then he's done nothing to change my mind. Except back then I thought he was a good guy that believed in what he did. Now I think he's just pandering.

The only candidates that really do anything for me are Obama, Richardson, Huckabee, and yes, Biden. But the last three all still have question marks with me. But everyone else in the field is more or less uninspiring to me. Then again, it's February 2007. The election is November 2008. I figure there's some time for things to change.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm pretty sure that you can't even see the center.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wait, John Edwards was running for the White House? I thought Hillary was the one that was going to destroy you Yawn?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So you found out he opposes gay marrriage? So you won't vote for him?

That explains a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted