1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards hates Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 17, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, Chris, is that the best you got?

The photo of Rumseld in your sig is either the height of irony or you truly are so deep down the denial well you'll never be saved.

And aren't you the same goof around here who accused Gore of being a hypocrite on global warning because he, gasp, owned two houses? Wow.

The problem with what's left of the silly sophmoric pseudo conservatives is that their argument account is way overdrawn. As in, bankrupt.

Go back and peck away on your baseball blog or whatever it is you do when you're not making an ass of yourself around here.

2. JR - I'm not telling you to fuck yourself because of your or my politics. I'm telling you to go fuck yourself because you have proven to be a man bereft of any couth or class.

I greatly regret thinking of you with warm regards because you sir are a worm.

I'm not at the point where I'd wish you'd die in a fire but I am at the point where you would have to cure cancer or something for me to think of you as anything but a classless dink.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow, Chris pulls out his Churchillian playbook. Or is it Dickensian? I can't decide.

Doofus.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So Edwards is too good to camp out in front of the Best Buy with the virgins gamers?

5. The 82nd Airborne isn't good enough to camp out there, apparently.

6. This is the place where the chickenhawk argument would come in very handy if there was anyone worth arguing with hereabouts.

7. Chickenhawk? You mean Edwards who voted for the war in Iraq but who never served a day in uniform? That chickenhawk? Are you inferring that maybe Edwards was going to play Band of Heroes with his new console or something?

FB - sometimes its hard to follow your line of reasoning. Being esoteric is fine but most times clarity of thought is more useful (but I'm sure you've heard that criticism before). Edwards got caught being a hypocrite - only you could make it into an anti-Bush anti-war rally discussion.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to achieving that goal." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Or that David Brooks shouldn't live in Connecticut because he thinks people in Omaha have it right....

10. No, he just shouldn't make up shit about places and put it in the paper.
    And Chris, near as I can tell, Edwards didn't get "caught" doing anything at all. And there's nothing "esoteric" -- That word-a-day calendar is really helping. Stick with it -- about pointing out that, if you're going to accuse Edwards of being a "hypocrite" because a staffer tried to jump the line at a store whose labor practices Edwards has excoriated publicly, then you might want to take a closer look at people who thump the tubs for wars they don't have to fight in.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Making shit up".

Put that on a t-shirt and give it to Chris.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nice to see little Jack's appreciation of those less fortunate than he is. He's well on his way to acting like a spoiled, arrogant, elitist, garden-variety Kennedy trust-fund baby.

Draft saved Draft deleted