1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards hates Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 17, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Rachel Ray would just use the canned ground hamster.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

cran, I b'lieve you could get your ass kicked for using baked potato chips in a hotdish in Minnesota.

You don't even want to know what happens if you call it a casserole.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

You guys are confusing me. I've never seen ground hamster, gerbil or other small rodents at my neighborhood Wal-Mart. I think that stuff is sold only as more upscale stores.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You flyover people can feel free to substitute Spam.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was reading the Life magazine at lunch today, which comes as an insert in the paper on Fridays. They had an excerpt of a book about the childhood homes of celebrities. None other than John Edwards has a great quote, reliving childhood memories:

"It's going to work in the mill with my father in the summer, learning about the dignity of hard work side by side with the man who taught me about it by example....

It's where children learn to navigate the challenges of our world, and parents seek to protect them from those challenges as long as they can."

Reality:

Edwards and his staff throw their weight around to circumnavigate the system to find their brats the latest and greatest video game system the first day it comes out.

Its where Edwards brags about his six year-old browbeating a classmate whose parents buy shoes at Wal-Mart.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Again, you're just making things up as you go along and adding them to the story because it fits what you'd like to think. Where did you get this stuff?

11. "A great uneployed American" Chris.
    Update, pls.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well we are in the age of "snobbery"

Draft saved Draft deleted