1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Edwards hates Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 17, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't know what the story is - Edwards is deflecting the blame down to his "volunteer staffer". What a stand up guy.

What I do know is that there is a culture of entitlement in Edwards' camp that is symptomatic of ALL politicans, IMO. Whether it was Edwards, or his staff, they weren't going to wait in line or wait until more shipments came, like the rest of the riff-raff. They were going to use their pull to jump to the head of the line, because waiting is for the little people.

As far as Wal-Mart issuing a press release that highlights a misstep against a politician who has been hammering them, I won't insult yours or anyone else's intelligence to further discuss why they would do that.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're the one who keeps calling yourself white trash, dude. I just think you're not thinking this through very well.

And Poindexter, just because you'd like to think Edwards had some/any knowledge of this mistake because it would fit your story better doesn't mean any such connection has actually been made. But if you want to have a little rant about the culture of entitlement among politicians, go for it.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yep, your right. I actually have my pet hamster typing this for me.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The hamster can type while you're fucking it?

(Please note that this is merely me taking a cheap shot, not entering the politial fray of this thread. No joke is above me. Thank you.

5. dixiehack

That's not allowed in this state.

Unless, you know, the hamster is a first cousin or something.

6. cranberry

Well, I hope you had your gerbil clean his hands before touching the keyboard.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's legal in Wisconsin if the hamster is dead, but that might cut down on his WPM.

And I don't know why I'm assuming you fuck male hamsters. But I certainly am.

8. Rosie says it never happens in Minnesota, though.

9. dixiehack

10. Mmmmmmmmmm.
    Ground hamsters!

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To finish the recipe, add half a pound of egg noodles to the pound of ground hamster.

Place in a round glass baking dish. Top with can of cream of mushroom soup and crumbled Lays potato chips.

Bake in 350-degree oven until dad is on his fourth beer and in danger of passing out in La-Z-Boy.

Serve with frozen peas.

Y'see, regional stereotypes can be entertaining.

12. cranberry

Make sure to use the baked potato chips without trans-fats for preparing guilt-less roadkill cuisine.

Draft saved Draft deleted