1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Denver karaoke sparks Thai killing spree

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SportsDude, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

His name is Weenus ... heh heh heh ... [/beavis]

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

fartknocker

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

BYH will not be pleased when he's sees that, my friend. Laying down that line is one of the few things he enjoys doing in life.

4. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Sunshine on my Shoulders always makes me want to slap a bitch.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Talk about Shanghai Breezes.

6. You fill up my senses,
    like a night in a stable.

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

Here's a great John Denver and Asians story: During my first week of college, I entered my statistics class to find my Chinese TA an inconsolable mess. He barely spoke any English and we all had a hard time understanding him, but when we finally did, he was saying this: "John Denver ... is dead."

He spent the first part of that class telling us how when he was growing up in China, the only link he had to America was a John Denver tape that was on its 82nd or 83rd generation and of such poor quality that some of the songs couldn't even be heard. But John Denver was important to him because it was the first thing he knew about America and now that Denver was dead, he felt like his childhood had passed or something.

He then sang part of "Rocky Mountain High" in broken English while crying.

I swear I am not making this up ... one of the most surreal moments of my life.

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Locky Mountain High? (No disrespect to the Orientals [/Tuna]

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

You got it all wrong...

It would be "Reaving on a Jet Plane"...

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I must say that in all of my hours and days on this site, this is probably the line I was most surprised to read. Congratulations.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I remember reading one of those little stories in Readers Digest some years back. Guy was in Vietnam and heard some worker there singing something he didn't recognize at first. He goes in, all fired up that he was going to get to hear some Vietnamese music.

He gets closer and hears the guy singing, "Country roads take me home/To the place I belong/West Virginia."

Talk about buzz kill.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I sincerely hope the blue font was meant. Because I'd hate to have to hate someone who thought young Brook was hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted