1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Brisker Lives

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Another example of the unintended consequences of what was suppose to be a thread about an interesting and entertaining story.
    Who knew that the story would turn out to be Gare Swedes opus.
    Who knew that Gare is FOF
    .ect
    Who knew that FOF is more sensitive than a French poodle.
    The power of SJ. You just never know.
    .ect

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 70,

I dunno, who? What I would have bet though is that you can't spell et cetera or even abbreviate it.

YHS, ".ect"

3. Boom_70

Parody mr hof.

4. Boom_70

This could have been a pretty good idea but I think the approach that ESPN took was poorly executed.

There was some pretty good fiction buried between all the same junk and them some real stories. Format made it hard to tell unless you read the fine print what was what.

Just a quick tour. First column from NCAA "Coach X" , next story column by Bonami Jones, next -- What's in My closet - Urijah Faber. Go to back of mag you find two serious stories -- one by Buster Olney on Zach Grienke and other by Dave Flemming on Arian Foster.

Buried in the middle is all the fiction almost like two magazines were wrongly mixed together.

Draft saved Draft deleted