1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Boehner might REALLY have something to cry about

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

But that doesn't make the merits of their family values arguments wrong, right? The family values arguments are wrong (and they are often wrong - like the no-fault marriage crusades, for example) because they're wrong, and John Boehner's adherence is irrelevant to me.

To me, slamming John Boehner for philandering is like slamming Al Gore for having electricity at his house. Both are red herrings.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"He can't do that with our lobbyists. Only WE can do that with our lobbyists."

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He had a child with her. Did not marry her.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My fault. I was remember the engagement story. He denied it afterward.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I must be an exception in thinking Boehner's paramour is decently hot. And Lee looks like Fred Willard.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think Lyons isn't too shabby. Has anyone been to Walmart lately, or just looked around your neighborhood? I noticed she locked down her Facebook account pretty fast.

Lee bears a resemblance to my sister-in-law's husband. I can't tell who is weirder, my brother-in-law or Lee.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Boehner people knew reporters have been trying to dig up something since before the election. Other (and more respected) outlets included. It took until last weekend for the Enquirer to be the one to publish anything and the story completely disappeared hours after it hit. Not days, hours. At this point, and based on people I've spoken to about this, it doesn't seem valid.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The GOP Christmas party in DC must be something--either for the sheer number of congressman attending with their 'nieces' or for the Sodom and Gomorrah behavior that must no doubt go on during and after.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wait, to make a true analogy, you need Boehner to make a full disclosure of what he's doing and then say "I still preach family values." Clearly Gore has never pretended that he's not using electricity.

If those that preached "family values" disclosed their activites, okay then the public could make informed decisions. Until then, its hypocrisy.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Careful there bub. Kennedy was one of the most well known philanderers, and I don't think he attended any of those parties you speak of. Edwards? Him neither. Perversion knows no party bounds in D.C....which is becoming a Darker Country by the day.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just seems like there's more activity on the right. Maybe we need a scoreboard to keep track. Or a map where the states/jurisdictions of the sex freaks are denoted in purple (headed monsters) and those not boinking outside of marriage noted in blue (balls).

12. printdust

printdust New Member

It's three-fold. One, those who like Edwards do it to a cancer-stricken wife. Another is screwing lobbyist plants. Third, there's simply the Kennedys and Clintons who are prone to seeking babes outside the house. It's all damaging to different extents. Not sure why it's so hard to try the art of commitment through thick and thin and something called principle. I've come damn close to divorce and "stepping out" but pulled back and now, 20-plus years later, I'm more in love with my spouse than I was when I proposed. I wouldn't doubt that in Washington, it's like it was in the movie "The Firm". The Firm, in this case the D.C. power structure, sets your ass up where suicide, going along, or painfully usurping the process are your only options.

Draft saved Draft deleted