1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Boehner might REALLY have something to cry about

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 9, 2011.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

He will not be 39 again but he will soon be a divorced lobbyist so it is only a partial lie.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . which all goes back to Reagan.

"Jane? I don't want you to be working. I want you to take care of MEEEEE."

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well done.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Boehner called Lee out last year for inappropriate conduct with a female lobbyist.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/02/10/rep-lee-resignation-may-affect-makeup-of-state-senate/

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's be honest though. We could multiple Lee and Boehner and it wouldn't touch John Edwards.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why? Why is it different? Hell, at least Edwards actually fell in love with the woman and ended up marrying her.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not defending Boehner. If this is true, and I think it is, he's a complete douche.

But his wife isn't dying. He didn't father a child with her and try to say it was a staffer's kid.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit? They are all worthless douchbags on their own merits... hell, for message board's sake, just add in a comment about Clinton's bj.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

He married her? When?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The huge difference to me is here you have the guys preaching "family values" and non-tolerance for less than traditional values and they're out there doing the very things they preach against.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Half the congressmen are philanderers, or sex slaves of lobbyists.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's pretty tough to defend.

I don't get as worked up about the wife-with-cancer as others because what goes on behind closed doors in a marriage is complicated and unique to each situation. Same reason I don't get as worked up about Tiger Woods as other people do.

Draft saved Draft deleted