1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Adams Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 16, 2008.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I think you're both saying the same thing. And I agree.

2. We were both saying the same thing. I found it amusing that he had the exact same reaction seeing Morse in costume that McCullough did.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I love history, but I just want the pacing of the program to be a little quicker.

I'm also not a big fan of straining my ears to hear dialogue or squinting to figure out what is happening because it is so dark in the shot.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm also noticing that this thread has nothing about the actions of the characters, but a ton on how they were dressed or how they look.

I thought the opening court sequence was interesting, and it did set up for me the strife between the two nations, but it just was not drawing me in to watch more.

5. I thought the sound was a little whispery, too.
    And the Jefferson figure bothers me more the more I think about it. The guy seemed completely out of it.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I idiotically assumed this would start at 8 pm local time, as the Sopranos always did, so I missed it.

I'll have to catch up via On Demand, but I'm looking forward to it.

7. I liked the long shot where Franklin and Adams were sitting under a hatrack full of tricorns.
    They looked like they should all start spinning.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am enjoying it -- I like the pensive Jefferson -- but some of the camera work is weird. There are shots at an angle and some with shaky cameras when the guys are just sitting and talking.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Every shot's handheld. Exhausting to watch, really. And there hasn't been a level horizon but for the landscapes.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess they hadn't invented tripods then so that makes sense.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Hate to hear that.

I can't watch that handheld shit. Hate it, hate it.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I think pensive Tom worked quite well in the scene where he, Ben Franklin and Adams were editing through the draft of the Declaration Of Independence.

Draft saved Draft deleted