1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Adams Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 16, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Perhaps most famous for his role as Boomer on St. Elsewhere.

The putty nose made him look like a Shmoo.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. I know him now. I knew I knew him. I thought he had the look and the demeanor, nose notwithstanding.

3. The Granny

The Granny Guest

[​IMG]
    "Actually, it's Don now."

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I didn't reailze you had Wooostah ties as well. My humble apologies for the collateral damage.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Washington had a pretty modest, flattish nose.

Forensic anthropologists recently reconstructed authentic life-sized models of Washington at 19, 45 and 57.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2005/0912-changing_the_face_of_history.htm

6. I can say with no little authority that Ms. Linney is a delight, and is not altogether unfamiliar with the f-bomb in casual conversation.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I made it halfway through the second episode before falling asleep (it was 2:30 a.m.). I didn't dislike it.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Every time I think of getting rid of HBO, it comes out with something like this. Guess I'll be forking out for a little longer.

9. Funny - McCullough was awed the first time he saw Morse in full dress as Washington because he thought the actor was spot on.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Ben Franklin was the Bill Clinton of his day.
    Anyone see the promo of BF in the tub and a French chick in another?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That was my impression from the first half hour. This seemed a little boring to me, too.

Is it worth another hour of my time? Does the pace pick up a little?

12. Somehow I am reminded of the Cheers episode where Frasier reads the barflys works from Dickens.

Frasier: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" [barflys get bored and attention wanes]

Frasier: "Then Bonzo the killer clown appeared with hands steeped in blood" [everyone sits up in rapt attention]

You seem to be looking for clowns with hands steeped in blood. Sorry - no Tokyo Drift car chases in the 18th century.

Draft saved Draft deleted