1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Adams $1 gold coins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, May 7, 2008.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Thankfully, there's a bank here that takes care of me and saves all the special coinage for me to collect.

And, FWIW, the government smiles a little smile every time one of you pockets one of those suckers. The dollar coin costs eight cents to produce. So every time you take one of those bad boys out of circulation, the government has made 92 cents.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And if anyone cares ... and is too lazy to look it up themselves ... we're one week away from the release of the JQ Adams one.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Clinton one is worth $3. </yawn>

4. Open them up and there's a nice chocolate inside.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Anybody here ever tried to place a coin in a g-string?

6. There is no answer to that which is not bursting with Fail.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's not making it rain; unless she's got a snatch like an Oreck.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

www.usmint.gov

Read all about the dollar president coins.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is America. Our strippers should not have to wear hardhats unless they're doing a naughty construction worker dance.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Chastity (or Destiny or Candy) to cranberry:

Hey, is that a roll of James Monroes in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's going to take a flood of them. Only time I ever get them is in change at a post office machine. Then I'll try to get rid of them in a drive-thru and the 17-year-old kid at the window looks at it as if it was a moon rock.

I confess, I collect the state quarters. (Well, if collecting is throwing one of each into a can.) Their wild popularity spurred the president coins. But I can't see average folk getting excited to collect a set of dead president heads.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're still about 1,000 years away from that

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted