1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jogging with Rick Perry.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Aug 18, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/elected-president-rick-perry-could-still-jog-gun-190824495.html

Pretty funny. Perry and the Secret Service toting heat.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Plaxico approves.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A Ruger .380 is not the pistol to use for dispatching snakes, let alone coyotes. He should switch to a Taurus judge revolver that is chambered in .410 (for snakes) and .45 (for coyotes).

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great story. He's been comedy gold since he got in.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I blame the rap videos. Those NWA people were running with guns in the video of "100 miles and running" and this young, impressionable governor of Texas thought that's how you go for a run. Will someone please think of the politicians.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The funniest part is his explanation that he does it to protect against "wild animal attacks." Yeah, because we all know how many downtown Austin joggers get mauled by bears every year.

Christ, I don't think I can take another dimwitted fake-macho Texas-cliche presidency.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Screengrabbed from the Daily Show in reference to how "Texas" Rick Perry is.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

I didn't notice it until now, but what the hell is the background image of that?

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The back of someone's neck?

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'll say it, Rick Perry is a liar.

I've lived in the country. If you got a dog with you, a coyote won't come with 1,000 feet of a human, unless it was sick or injured.

I don't doubt he saw a coyote, but if you saw one, hollered at it and then charged. A coyote would have turned and ran. I don't even doubt that Perry squeezed off a round but it isn't the right kind of gun to kill such a small target that is also likely on the move.

not that it matters, the security detail wasn't with him. Perry was jogging, by himself.

I wish I knew how to post that picture of the owl that says ORLY

What a great story to tell on the campaign trail, other than it reeks of complete and utter bullshit.

Liar. That's Perry.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Obviously you have never been jogging in the Hill Country, Jay.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And a rather red one, eh, wot?

Draft saved Draft deleted