1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JoePa, you make piss, at least comparatively

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Clever username, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Underpaid, given how much he's given to that campus away from football through the years, whether it be teaching English classes or donating money that went to school museum or the construction of new buildings.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd just like to point out that this is how all those disclaimers should read. ...

That said, I'm surprised Paterno isn't making at least $750,000. After all, I'm pretty sure the men's basketball coach there is making about that, isn't he?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was just trying to be snarky. Why do you have to humanize it?

Maybe you're an undercover Nittany Lion. Hmmm. Maybe the whole Kansas thing is a sham. Are you a...fraud? :D :D

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Oh yeah. Completely forgot about that. Eh, what can you do?

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

It's a lot of hard work for a measley couple of million bucks a year.[tywebb]

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The argument is that it's not funded all that much by the public -- 10 percent, maybe 12 percent -- through tax dollars, therefore they think they can act like a private institution.

After all, it's not a "state school," only a "state-related school." So the PSU PR machine will tell you.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

They might want to think about changing the name of the school then.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Penn State-Related University?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

PSRU. That's got a good ring to it.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A fraud? Nah, A Joe Pa apologist? Hell yeah. :D

Remember, I was born in Pittsburgh, so my college football childhood was split between Dan Marino and Joe Pa, just depending on which aunts and uncles and cousins were in our company at the time.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

So who did you root for Monday in the Steelers-Dolphins classic? :D

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same team I always do, the one that's going to hand the Patriots their first loss on Dec. 9. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted