1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Torre's final day(s)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 7, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not the usual tabloid/anonymous sources stuff...direct quotes from George.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMTMmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcyMDQ5NzEmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

-30-

3. healingman

healingman Guest

Yep, sounds like King George has ruled from the throne. Win or else, Joe.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Where's Mark Messier?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Love the quote on Froemming:

"He won't umpire our games anymore".

As if the senile blowhard had anything to do with Fatboy's retirement.

Go back into hiding, George.

Torre is far from a great game manager, but he deserves better than you.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

good get for ian. but i don't believe a word george says anymore. he might've awakened this morning and not even remembered the conversation. :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Girardi.....Joe Girardi.

Pick up the pinstripe courtesy phone, please.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

George wants Mattingly to suceed Torre, or am I wrong?

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

if i'm torre, i don't need this grief. i announce today that i'm quitting after this postseason. takes the focus off of my players and puts it on me.

10. Joe Torre has no one to blame but himself for the position he's in tonight. He sat idly by the chair while George forced Cashman to buy Giambi, Mussina, Clemens, Pettitte, Abreu and Damon.

I will continue to call out the lack of leadership by Derek Jeter during this title-less run for the Yankees. It is the same thing for Jeter, year after year. He'll play hard, smile for the cameras, and barely say a critical word of anyone.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Nicely played o bitter one

Torre has no one to blame but himself for how the teams have performed? Wow. I think that shows a decided lack of perspective. He can blame himself for continuing to come back year after year, thus subjecting himself to all the crap that goes with this particular job, but I'm at a loss to find any significant fault with the job he's done.

12. Novelist - Torre can't manage a bullpen that's one fault for you to mark down on the list.

Draft saved Draft deleted