1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Pos on Nick Charles

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Good, sad stuff for those of us who remember the CNN days with Nick and Hickman.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1182632/1/index.htm

2. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

He can avoid tears until thinking of his young daughter. If anyone in this business ever wonders about priorities - there it is.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

haven't read the story yeut don't have to read it to know that is the truth.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Excellent read.

5. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

I remember watching Charles and Hickman at night with my dad. He liked the CNN team over anything SportsCenter had to offer.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I rremember watching Nick Charles doing the 11:00 PM sports in Baltimore. He and Warner Wolf (when Wolf was in DC) were the "must see sports reports" late at night and they usually had slightly offset slots in their programs so you could watch both.

I always enjoyed watching Nick Charles. This is very sad news...

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Great stuff.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My allergies really kicked in there at the end.

9. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Worked with Nick for a bit. A true pro. Great guy. A home run by Joe Pos.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Really good job by Joe. Made me both proud and terribly sad for Nick Charles.

I loved how Joe said everything with few words.

That's quite a skill.

11. I wonder if Nick has an idea of how many of us looked forward to watching him and Fred every night. I hope so. They brought a lot of joy to a lot of people.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Before ESPN got all stoopid with Sportscenter, it was like picking between two perfectly aged prime steaks. I loved watching Nick and Fred. It was a great sports highlight show.

Draft saved Draft deleted