1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Pos leaving KC

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 12, 2011.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Depends on what he likes. If it's beef, KC is the choice. In North Carolina, ask for barbecue and you get something pork-based.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

3. Sam Mills 51

I'm not a fan of the vinegar either, Jake. And my hometown has one of the most high-profile barbecue places out there. The funny part is that a better place just a couple hundred yards on the other side of the highway serves better barbecue. Not as strong a vinegar flavor, and usually much better at not having tough-to-digest parts in the pork.

Defend what you wish. It's simply a matter of personal preference.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

What is the name of your recommendation?

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Joe knocked another out of the park, remembering Seve...some great lines in that. I'm finding myself looking forward to the back page of SI once again.

6. A better airport hub than KC??

While I have never been to KC, Charlotte is a great place.

7. Sam Mills 51

McCall's, which can almost be seen from Wilber's. The latter gets the buzz. The former has better barbecue.

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

If you're a national writer, KC is a terrific place to live from a travel standpoint. You'll never have to go further than half the continent.

9. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

KC's airport is awful. Charlotte isn't great, but much better than KC.

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If KC is your home airport, you love it. You park right next to the terminal. Traffic is rarely bad getting in and out. I don't think I ever waited in a long line at ticketing or security, even during the holidays. But it is not the place you want to spend 3 hours in between changing planes.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're lucky. I hated that airport once I stepped through the doors. Parking and traffic, you're right.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes. Who on a purported sports journalists message board could possibly care about one of the high profile writers in the business. Now excuse me while I go back to the virginity thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted