1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Lieberman -- Weasel.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 17, 2007.

1. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7418.html

Off the commitees. Out of the party.
    Today.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a strong 3rd party, though McCain Liebermann doesn't do it for me.

Socially Libertarian
    Internationally Self-Interested
    Fiscally Pragmatic.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Rudy's punting in N.H.?

Talk about burying the lead.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

President Obama, there's no doubt now.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

If I remember correctly, Joe finished in a 3-way tie for third place in New Hampshire in 2000. Nice to see him throwing his weight around.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

He's an independent that caucuses with the Dems. Throw him out, and control of the Senate goes back to Team Elephant.

I would welcome it, but I doubt you'd like that too much.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was about to say, isn't he out of the party already?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seems like Lieberman's been heading this way for a while now. Mainly because, you know, his own party tried to run a campaign against him because of his stance on the war.
    This is surprising, though, and a slap in the face to Democrats. He's still with them on most issues.

9. Point of Order

Hopefully, they'll deal with Joe when there are 56 Democratic senators in '08 and he no longer holds a knife to the throat of the party leaders. After he lost the Connecticut primary he did a public mea culpa on his war views. That was short-lived, though, because as soon as he was elected he went right back to being a neocon.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fucking Lieb. The thought of someone being bipartisan, the thought of someone looking at the man instead of the party.

And it figures that certain people would dislike him. Me? I think he's the greatest Democrat ever. And he did win the Senate seat despite bucking his liberal party buddies, didn't he?

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Looking at the man instead of the party... That's precious, Yawn.

12. Point of Order

Yawn,
    He won by disavowing his previous support for el presidente Bush just long enough to get re-elected, then went right back to supporting him after the vote was in. I can see why you like him.

Draft saved Draft deleted