1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Cowley is an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigapplewriter, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Honestly, i got no idea ... is the Cowley baseball card a joke or is that really the S-T writer?

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Jim Gentile hit 302/423/646 with 46 HR and 141 RBI in 1961. So while you might not know who he is (first baseman, Baltimore Orioles), he did in fact have a pretty good year without the use of a corked bat.

3. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Who cares ... Jeter didn't deserve the MVP. I guess that makes me a yokel. Then again, I love how New York spooges all over itself for anything in its surrounding area. ... The Yankees (getting spanked again), the New York Giants (overrated), Eli Manning (will never be his brother), Rutgers football (who did they lose to?), New York schoolboy basketball stars (Felipe Lopez, Stephon Marbury and Kenny Anderson now welcome Sebastian Telfair to the overrated club) and Brooklyn-style pizza (it has a thin crust .. how in the hell could it be any damn good. ;o)

Mike and the Mad Frog, just because you can shout doesn't make it good radio. And Dan Patrick .. isn't he part of the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network ... (What's the Midwest .. or Texas ... or California?)

Now get back to your rude, piss-reeking, rat-infested, shit-covered hole ...

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Exactly . . . that was Corky Cash's singular season.

5. I knew what Jim Gentile's numbers were. I cut a baseball card of him off the back of a cereal box many decades ago. The point was that many guys who have had tremendous seasons didn't win the MVP and that most of them weren't from New York.

6. Go marry your cousin.
    No, not her. The one with the teeth.

Draft saved Draft deleted