1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Buck To HBO

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Many here would say "yes," Fen. He probably eats a bag of sh_t, too.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hard to believe that the cable behemoth which provided a home to the all-time
    Deadwood/Wire/Sopranos trifecta would make this bet . . . but still willing to fade this action.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

A friend and I were disagreeing over how HBO handled the departure of Costas. He said he understood HBO wanting exclusivity (at least on cable), I said HBO was making a mistake not allowing him to split time with MLB Network, that half of what Costas used to provide would be better than anybody else HBO could get and would still lend an air of legitimacy to the entire HBO Sports operation.

I am certain the Buck hiring proves me correct.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Costas is capable of irritating a sophisticated audience, with some frequency.

That's infinitely better than Bo Juck, who frequently appears to have majored
    in Audience Irritation at Hoosierville.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Costas was annoying but Buck is relatively useless. HBO Sports should just do Boxing, Real Sports and awesome documentaries. Screw everything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted