1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Buck: Bachelorette beats mid-week baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He remains a barrel of toxic waste in the sporting firmament.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I really like the guy - always have.

It's a shame he comes off as arrogant on-the-air because I'm pretty sure he's not that way in real life.

As for his comments, I couldn't agree more... I'm so sick of how each of the 4-5 major sports has succumbed to GREED with the various scandals... extending the games to unmanageable lengths... starting everything at night or deep night... Not cultivating a younger audience (and believe me, you'll be crying too, when nobody gives a damn anymore and therefore your job is toast.)

All I can say is, Amen bro.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yeah, but obviously you're watching that garbage, also.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The only people complaining about the length of games are the ones covering them (like Joe Buck). The people most responsible for the increasing length of games is the rightsholders (like Fox). And the people most responsible for later starting times are, you guessed it, the rightsholders (like Fox). So STFU, Joe.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I do watch "The Bachelor," but upon hearing the Greek much-less-than-goddess was the star of this season, I took a pass on it.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Never seen the source material, but I can back terrier's assessment solely having watched her ripped repeatedly on The Soup.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Someone needs to write up the SportsJournalists.com official statement of bereavement for perspective, because it seems to have died in this thread.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

RIP, perspective.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

O-VER-RAT-TED . . .

(clap, clap . . . clap, clap, clap)

Draft saved Draft deleted