1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Buck: Bachelorette beats mid-week baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Way to promote the game Mr. Voice of the World Series ...

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2008/07/joe-buck-admits-he-rarely-watches.html

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Fucking Cardinal-blowing douchebag.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Never was a fan.

Now I have a better understanding as to why.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

My understanding is that Buck's real ambition is to host a late night talk show and he would give up sports in a heartbeat if an opportunity presented itself.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Can anyone think of a broadcaster who's more full of him/herself than Joe Buck?

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

John Sterling.
    Chet Coppock.
    In his own way, Vin Scully.
    Jon Miller.
    Milo Hamilton.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

When Joe Buck threw his temper tantrum about Randy Moss' mock mooning during a Vikings vs. Packers game a few years back, it cemented my belief he should never set foot in a broadcast booth again.

Ever.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Jon Miller, et al., may have egos, but none of them think of themselves as the story to the extent that Joe Buck does. Come to think of it, he might be my least favorite announcer in any sport. I hope he gets a late night show, quits broadcasting and then crawls off to have anal sex with Todd Zeile in seclusion after the show gets ratings that make The Magic Hour look like Johnny Carson.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tim McCarver.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I usually like this BLOG!, but I'll never complain about a sportswriter/broadcaster not spending his free time watching more of his sport. That's pretty unfair. If Buck is prepared for his broadcast, via cramming or however, who cares about the rest of his week?

Buck said baseball is too long and that the game isn't the same. He's entitled to say that in an interview with a network that doesn't sign his checks.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, at least he's honest.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

In the last few months, I've watched very few sporting events because I just want to be away from them when I'm "off the clock." I don't blame him at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted