1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Biden: Bush's comments in Israel were "bullsh*t"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 15, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And Arafat's gone, and they're still trying to eradicate Israel.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

something along these lines: "I didn't think determination of right and wrong was based on what happens a majority of the time."

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Classic.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Obama wants to be buddies with people who want us to convert to Islam. Then again, he hasn't a problem with that, does he?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Actually, they did. The state of Israel has no legal right to Gaza, the West Bank, the Golan Heights, East Jerusalem. Not only was it obligated to give that land back, it's actually obligated to hand over more land under the terms of the cease-fire agreement signed at the end of the Six Day War in 1967 (specifically, the Golan Heights).

6. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

I do my damnedest to just stay off all these political threads, so all I'll say is this: If (or when, I suppose) Obama wins the presidency, if he makes any major mistakes, I can assure you I won't be coming on here calling him President Bumblefuck or President Dumbshit or President Dumbass or the stupidest Gawdamn politician ever or any other shit like that. Maybe Bush is every one of those things, but I won't be using terms along those lines to describe whomever takes over come next January, any more than I would have called President Clinton any number of derogatory terms -- some of which he certainly earned, others perhaps not. And to be fair in my criticism here, this is also aimed at those who throw out all manner of derogatory nicknames for anyone in the oval office.

I think we all get the point: Bush hasn't done well, isn't the brightest bulb in the box, overstepped the bounds of his office (not that he's in line by himself on that end, or that a democrat never has either) and is terribly unpopular and has us in a terribly unpopular war. I respect those thoughts and even agree with them in some instances, and I'm certainly not saying the president shouldn't be blasted. And maybe -- maybe -- Obama or Hillary is the answer to all of the problems. I don't think so, but it's not going to make me come up with all manner of bullshit names to rag on either of those two if or when they fuck up something of serious consequence or work with Congress to push through policies I don't agree with.

Just a little respect for the office, regardless of your opinion on who holds it, would be nice. It just gets fucking old. So now I'll just wait for someone to make some bullshit comment about me for posting this, like "Hey, just don't click on these threads, assface!" Clever. Rant over.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Arafat walked away from the table in 2000 when the Israelis made it clear they had no intention of actually ceding control of the West Bank to Arafat's organization. The Israeli proposal for Palestinian control of the West Bank specifically exempted Israeli settlements that violate the agreement ending the Six Day War and would have set up a network of Israeli-controlled roadways in the West Bank that would have impeded travel by Palestinians in the West Bank.

The Taba summit in February 2001 failed because of Israel. The Palestinians accepted an offer from Israel as a basis for further negotiation, but after that the Israels didn't bother with the "further negotiation" part.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The now-clear broad intentions of Bush's gang . . . and the wholly-dishonest rationale which led the U. S. into the Iraq war . . . make that extraordinarily difficult.

Bush's personal history makes it nigh-impossible to grant him the benefit of the doubt.

9. When President Stupid respects his office, I'll start.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Man the democrat party just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. This whole thing would have blown over if not for "plugs' making his great pronouncement.

Now it has raised the issue once again of Obama not being a friend to Israel.

Clearly Bush was referring to Jimmy Carter and Nancy Pelosi - both who made trips to Syria.

Anyone read Carter's op ed in the NY Times a few weeks ago suggesting that we need to negotiate with Hammas.

What should have been a non event could cost Obama dearly. I could easily see myself pulling the lever for Obama in November but it would be hard to cast that vote knowing that he represents a party that can never seem to get out of its own way.

11. Good morning.
    Did you eat a big bowl of Naive for breakfast?
    Bush was talking about Pelosi? Surrrrrre, he was, Boom.
    As for Carter's op-ed, Bush's own secretary of defense is saying the same thing.
    Read Obama's AIPAC speech yet?
    And you shouldn't criticize a party if you don't know its correct name.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Come on, you are a smart guy -- do you really think this was a good idea for Biden to draw further attention to something that Bush had every right to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted