1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Biden: Bush's comments in Israel were "bullsh*t"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 15, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So Ronald Reagan can talk to Saddam Hussein but if anyone thinks about talking to Iran, comparing that to Hitler talks is fair game? How does that make any sense?

Imagine had Reagan never talked to Mikhail Gorbachev. Would the Wall still be standing?

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course not. Reagan should have demanded that the Wall be torn down before he would speak to Gorbachev, who, in his overarching desire to make sure the United States liked him, would surely have agreed to do that.

I mean...that's working now, right?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No, but he may go to the place where Hitler died and apologize on behalf of his country.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Obama impressed me when he was doing the Reagan visionary stuff. But I think his appeasement policies will make Neville Chamberlain look like George Patton.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What does appeasement mean?

6. Yikes.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OK, I'll put it back:

Here's the truth no one dares say: Israel is the source of most of our problems in the Middle East and is very much a monkey on our back that we can do without.

And I'm not wrong.

8. You're right. We should agree with everybody else in the Middle East and wipe Israel off the map.

They'd all just love us then, right?

Sheesh.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Force Israel to follow the same principles we expect others to follow. No double standard. Call them out when they deserve it and stop coddling them. Shouldn't be that difficult.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yes. Because there's no setting on the American diplomacy/foreign policy machine between "too reliably indulgent with Israel" and "help wipe them off the map." As you say, sheesh.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They've already given up huge chunks of land they had no obligation too. But go ahead and demand more capitulation.

12. I don't think you understand the issue here.

The Palestinians, etc., don't want to co-exist with Israel. They want to destroy Israel. They always have. That's why Arafat walked away from the table when it looked like they, finally, were really going to get something accomplished.

With some people, there just isn't any negotiation.

Draft saved Draft deleted