1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Arpaio says Obama's birth certificate forged

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Your logic is a bit off. I'm not a birther and think Obama was born at the time, date, place state on his birth certificate, but by your reasoning, if the State of Hawaii states it's the real birth certificate, it has to be the real birth certificate. The State of Hawaii could state my kids' drawings are the birth certificate, but it wouldn't mean it's true.

A document can be authentic because it is authentic, and not because what some official says.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If they produced it, how could it not be authentic? If you gave me a $20 bill and I had my doubts about whether or not it was counterfeit. I might call the U.S. Treasury, go to its offices and show them the bill. If they said it's real, it's real.
    The issuing agency cannot forge its own documents.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is a great point, M-Gee.

I've visited Arizona many times and roll my eyes to hear people who moved there in, say, 1998 talk like they're natives. I'm sure the folks living on the reservation land love to hear their commentary.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

No, but they love to hear the sound of their money hitting the slot machines.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, it's not quite the Onion, but...

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Вы думаете, мы что, шутишь? Мы не шутим.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That line alone is comedy gold.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think it would have been better if was some propaganda piece written by a Russian. Instead, it looks like they just gave some American loon a platform to get her crazy ides out.

And, A Russian might actually think Sheriff Joe is a serious law man. An American should know better.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Since Obama was elected president, the line, "An American should know better" no longer applies to anything.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, I clicked for this?

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

One day you'll learn to recognize greatness. ;)

12. vivbernstein

vivbernstein Member

This kind of reporting infuriates me. No explanation of who the lead investigator is and what credentials he has to declare the birth certificate false. No balance. And how in the world do you report this without mentioning that Arpaio has been under federal investigation? If this is what passes for credible television journalism today, we're sunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ikaajbOEWpk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.