1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jodie Foster

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

NBC muted some of her speech, which sucked. She was all over the place for the first 90 seconds or so before hitting her stride.

Not sure I understand Drip's little screed.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Still not understanding what was muted and why.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure what was muted, either.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Lot of technical problems last night generally. I wouldn't necessarily jump to the idea Foster was censored.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

People think being gay is cool? I wonder if all of the young people that kill themselves because they are afraid of what they feel think it is "cool". As far as pointing out their sexual preference as a badge of honor, do you feel the same way when husbands thank their wives and tell the world how much they mean to them? How about when wives tell the world how much they love their husbands? What the fuck year is this? I am glad your life is so fucking great that you have time to "question" important issues like these. Asshole.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree that being gay is the new "cool" . It reminds me of the late 60's when it was cool to be black activist or revolutionary or to claim that you were friends with one.

Ellen Degeneres has replaced Che as the new cool.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How and when did you choose the heterosexual lifestyle? Or did it choose you?

Sorry, but from someone who want's their posts to be taken seriously, at times, you certainly sound like an ignorant, uneducated fool with this post. Life-style? Life-style is being a vegan, or a tri-athlete, or a ski bum, or a Dead-Head. If your sexual preference is not a lifestyle then why is hers?

And who the fuck are you to agree with it or not?

8. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Don't take it personally, Drip. I get nailed like this on NBA threads. Call me. We'll chat.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes my life is fine and I'm far from being an Asshole. I fail to see where her sexual preference is "an important issue." What she is and who she is doing it with doesn't affect me.
    Now, tell me why her sexual preference is so important. Go ahead, I'll wait.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Rudd and Hayek, I believe, had a really awkward presentation which included being muted at one point, and also not knowing which award they were presenting at another.

11. Boom_70

Her "coming out " might have resonated more with the masses if it was articulate as opposed to a rambling mess.

12. Boom_70

Seemed like Tommy Lee Jones was not enjoying the Will Farrell / Kristen Wiig presentation.

Also seemed like Taylor Swift was mad that Adele won best song.

Draft saved Draft deleted