1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jocketty out in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Oct 3, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course you are. You feel you have the last word.

Back on track, ANGOLA. Why would Girardi want the Yankees job, knowing that he's under the microscope for anything short of winning the World Series -- and even then, it's not a lock...

2. boots

boots New Member

It doesn't matter who is managing the Yankees. Winning the Series is always the goal. Girardi can handle the pressure. However, as long as Don is there, he may not get the chance.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

girardi might want to be mattingly's bench coach. also, boots, i really don't think george has anything to do with personnel decisions anymore.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you. I value your opinion on this topic.

5. boots

boots New Member

Oh yes he does. It's still his team. He still has final say over matters like that.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What about George's alleged Alzheimer's or dementia? How much of the day-to-day is he involved in?

7. boots

boots New Member

His health isn't the greatest but George can still function. How much is he involved? That's a good question. I'm sorry I can't provide an accurate answer.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It's an ideal area. This team could stink up the joint to the tune of 58-104 and 44,000 fans would still pack Busch every night. It's a baseball town through and through, especially now that the Rams have faded.

That said, Jocketty should've spent a little wiser in the offseason. KIP WELLS? Granted, he didn't know Anthony Reyes would take a dump...

9. boots

boots New Member

The fans are pationate if not as knowledgeable as any you'd meet in say Philly, Chicago, New York or Milwaukee. Great town for baseball and in all my years, only one - Garry Templeton was forced to leave.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... Cox and Schuerholz nearing retirement ...

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Pat Gillick may step down after his contract is up or maybe even after this year, so maybe Jocketty can land with the Phillies. Maybe even La Russa too if he gets canned. Who am I kidding? The Phillies' management doesn't want any manger with a fire under their hats.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Drayton McLane is wishing he would have waited a couple weeks to pull the trigger on his GM hire.

Draft saved Draft deleted