1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joba Chamber-"lion"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 25, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I wish I could find the picture that ran in the story, because seeing Joba in the lion suit made me bust a gut. He looks like a freakin' giant-sized 11-year-old!

http://www.nj.com/yankees/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1190694317167890.xml&coll=1

Once again, Shelley Duncan: my new favorite Yankee.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Gracias, mi amigo. Gracias.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw video of this yesterday. It was funny. They made them walk out of the players entrance in the costumes and sign autographs. It was pretty silly. The Red Sox had their rookies do a team flight dressed up in ridiculous outfits a few weeks ago. Dice-K rode the plane dressed as a Teletubby, which just struck me as absurd.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dorothy and friends:

[​IMG]

6. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Every team does this every year. Nice to see the Yankees had a specific theme and went with it. :D
    I guess that's why they're the Yankees.

I remember Milton Bradley all in leopard skintight tight mini, for his hazing, right through the entire length of the airport. It was absolutely fetching, and so flattering to his skin tone. I'm not sure what that means now.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The backpage of the Daily News was great: the main rookies in the pic above with the headline "We're off to sieze the Wild Card"

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They spelled seize wrong?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That was my doing

11. Apparently two of them were dressed as flying monkeys. nice :)

here it is:
    [​IMG]

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I can't believe this hasn't already been posted: Play like a Chamberlion Today ...

Draft saved Draft deleted