1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Job Offer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Jun 15, 2006.

?

Do you take it?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Absolutely.
    And the first thing I would do is make sure I have competent assistants.

Do I like the WNBA? No.
    Do I watch the WNBA? No. And that would probably disqualify me from getting the actual offer since I can't speak intelligently about the league.
    But I don't dislike it enough to turn down a job like this.
    And I can learn. Quickly.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

The ECHL is a very stable hockey league and I'd love to work there. As far as the UHL goes, it's not as stable as the ECHL but I can't see it falling off the face of the earth like the I did a couple of years ago so I'd probably work there too.

3. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

I had to cover my school's women's basketball team for a couple season for the school paper. It was awful to watch. I could have easily competed with them, even dominate them. But, I absolutely do NOT want to watch myself play basketball. I couldn't have done that beat for another season, so in my senior year, I covered men's swimming instead.

Still, I'd take the job. That's almost 5x my current salary!

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

No.

league will be nonexistent in 3 years.

5. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

SO!? That would be over 300K in your pocket, Chef!

6. Hockeyscribe

Hockeyscribe Member

The reason the IHL folded is because they were paying some of their 'star' players $110K per year.

I would pretty much do anything for $110,000 a year, even if I don't like it. Can't stand the WNBA, but I'd jump at the offer. I've had some shit jobs that paid shit money. That's great money for salary negotiations for the next job.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's a pay increase I couldn't pass up.

Draft saved Draft deleted