1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Job fair at Braves Stadium Saturday, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mitch21, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I sense sarcasm...

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do you look in a teeny, tiny torn t-shirt and cowboy hat?

3. That's not true. I was at a job fair a couple of weeks ago in Chicago that wasn't a minority one and had more than a handful of people who were working at smaller rags looking to talk to people at the Chicago Tribune, Daily Herald and Northwest Herald.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Don't know how it would work there, but I've heard mixed stuff about the Winter Meetings. Those, of course, are pretty much only worthwhile for broadcasters looking to get work in minor league radio work. I still haven't heard of writers getting anything from one of these job fairs other than some useless swag.

5. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

oh haha now I get it...uhhh...Do you want to know how I think id look...or how I actually look hahaha...

6. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I am interested in getting in to radio as well. I always kind of figured I would go after a writing job first, then try to find radio in the area....

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Minor league baseball broadcasters are often salesmen first, second, and third, and then on the air after helping with the PR stuff too.

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I always figured I would show up, knock on the door and be Shirley Povich's replacement.

Draft saved Draft deleted