1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Kimmel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 7, 2006.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Watching JK "Live" and he was just bitten by a Pacific Rattlesnake. Is anyone watching this?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Was he flying in a plane ...

[​IMG]

3. markvid

markvid Guest

What did they do? Stop the show or anything?

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Q:A few weeks ago, Jimmy Kimmel was allegedly bitten by a poisonous snake on his late night show and taken to the hospital, but nothing was said about this incident. Was he really bitten by a snake, or was this a put on?
    -- Jim, Ligonier

Rob: According to a publicist, that was a stunt that Jimmy did for a special "Grey's Anatomy" show that aired on May 15 to coincide with the finale of "Grey's."

The bit was that Jimmy had an animal expert on the show and one of his snakes bit Jimmy, who was then rushed to the "hospital" and was "treated" by James Pickens Jr. (Chief Webber) and Chandra Wilson (Dr. Bailey), the publicist explained.

"Jimmy then interviewed them from his hospital bed," the publicist explained, noting there was never a real snake bite. "Jimmy is fine."

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've just now found out it was faked. I haven't watched Jimmy much since he left The Man Show, but that was some funny shit he pulled.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Awww. You had my hopes up. ::) ::)

7. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

How horrible, to trick everyone into thinking Jimmy was hurt. He's such a great talk-show host. ::)

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I've never been able to watch that guy for more than five minutes. Absolutely painful.

One can only hope it'll happen again, except not fake.

9. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

After the posts on here, I made it a point to watch the show last night.

They pulled the prank really well. It was some sort of puppet snake that could rattle and move its jaw. Jimmy collapsed in pain, and EMTs rushed in and carried him off on a stretcher while he was in apparent agony.

The camera cut to shots of the audience, who were stunned (some had their hands over their mouths) and gave him applause as he was wheeled off.

Then when they get to the hospital, he starts interviewing the doctor and has his band play as the doc walks into the room.

10. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Jeez, that's pretty brutal.

11. I haven't watched his show since Bill Simmons left the writing staff.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

But to be expected with some people on this board. Pretty sad actually.

Draft saved Draft deleted