1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Kimmel gets brutally honest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, May 19, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah, yes ... the rarely seen self-DB. :D

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

rare but oh so exciting

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Funny stuff. In all seriousness, though, I was just looking at ABC's fall schedule. Aside from college football, the only thing I'll be tuning in for is "Castle." The rest of it? Not a thing I'll watch.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love Castle.

I haven't seen the rest of the lineup. But I already miss Pushing Daisies.

6. Killick

Exquisite taste, IJAG! ;)

BTW, here's the lineup: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/05/abc-announces-f.html
    Edit: I did forget Scrubs and Better Off Ted, which will return after Dancing with the Stars ends. I'll watch those, and Lost when it comes back.

7. imjustagirl

Thank God According to Jim is done. (Hi pallister!)

8. Killick

Oh, BTW, IJAG: I had to look it up, cuz I knew it was coming up. "Daisies" returns a week from Saturday for it's 3-week run to the finale.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sorry for the db - my browser crashed while posting.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I hope they bring back The Unusuals at some point.

11. imjustagirl

Yeah, i still have it on my Tivo so it should pick up. Still pisses me off. How I adore Lee Pace.

that being said, I didn't get enough detail from that link to know what the new shows are about. Seemingly plenty of middle America. Of the returning shows, I do like Grey's, Dancing with the Stars and EM:HO.

12. Killick

Yeah, that disappointed me. I liked it. But then, when I caught the last 2-3 episodes of "Cupid," I liked that, too. I guess I just dig "quirky."

Another thought: So, ABC braintrust thought "Huh. So, Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton didn't work in a sit-com together? Well, let's give them each their own show! And use the same old formulaic stories! Yay! We're geniuses! High fives!"

Draft saved Draft deleted