1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Kimmel + Ben Affleck = F*^king Spectacular

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 25, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I laughed my ass off when I saw the video.

My favorite parts were Josh Groban being bleeped nine ways to Sunday and Harrison Ford blowing Jimmy and Ben a kiss. I also got a kick out of Jimmy and Ben walking together with their hands on each other's backsides.

It was funny, but I still think "Fucking Matt Damon" was funnier. That one was sort of out of left field. This one was an obvious play off that.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've said for awhile that his late night show is the best on the networks...

Leno sucks...
    Letterman doesn't care anymore...
    Conan is good, but Kimmel is better...

I usually watch TDS, but if I watch one of the network shows, it will be Kimmel's.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just watched it... Hilarious... How they got that group of A-listers to play along is damn impressive...

Yes, the original was better. But if that was an A-plus, this was a very solid A.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they set some sort of deadline. Pulling together a broadcast like the Oscars is a major undertaking, and you want to have as much done in advance as you can.

That said, if say, Charlton Heston had died the night before, they probably would have re-edited the thing.

I, too, thought it was weird there was no mention of Scheider's death, particularly given all the ways he was indirectly mentioned: playing the Jaws theme music before the award for best score was given out; the line "We're going to need a bigger boat" before the screen-writing award; and even the clip from All that Jazz that showed Scheider.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

A test pattern is more entertaining and original than Leno.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Are you fucking nuts... that was awesome.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm guess Huey Lewis is the only We Are the World alum in it?

I love how funny Cameron Diaz is for being a legit hottie. Her putting the finger in the hole was tremendous.

Groban was fantastic.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Because of the comedy "rule of three" do they end this thing with Uncle Fred hooking up with someone?

9. That was brilliant, as was the original. Good stuff, it's had me laughing all day now.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Are you fucking nuts? She's awkward and unpretty and has a Joker mouth.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks, Debbie. Wanna kick my dog while you're here?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

WAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Draft saved Draft deleted