1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Graham is a tight end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

More than can be said for the Dallas and Washington owners, who are not universally loved, either.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones will be a Hall of Famer. Watch it bear itself out.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yahoo's current fantasy rankings have RB's at 1-6, then Megatron, then Graham.

If you're picking at #8 and Graham is on the board, do you take him? He's a cut above so you get a definite point differential at TE, but a first round TE?

Buy or sell?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No way. I'll take my chances in the later rounds.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If it's a point per reception league I would say Graham's definitely a 2nd rounder, a league with 12 or more teams maybe 1st.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I despise PPR leagues. And we once did a point per carry and completion. Completely asinine. But yes, in that case you're right.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Point per carry is classic. Don't fumble and get to the line of scrimmage and you got a point. Used to really dislike point
    per reception but have come to like it more. what i don't get about fantasy football is how many people i know love cbs sports and they charge for their league. yahoo is free and IMHO is as good or better than cbs.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

PPC was horrible. Guy could carry 20 times for 43 yards and score a crapload of points. And we have almost always used Yahoo for football and baseball. Love it. We have tried ESPN, CBS and some others, and have always had problems. Yahoo is free (I usually pay for StatTracker, but I don't think they charge anymore?) and is still the easiest to use.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Screwiest league I was ever in was a Yahoo league where the commissioner set it for half a point per return yard. Considering almost any kickoff return gets about 20 yards, it wasn't hard to rack up massive amounts of points. A lot of our game scores were in the 700- and 800-point range. I think I had one week where two guys scored return TDs and I had well over 1,000.
    It was the year Dante Hall went off for the Chiefs (2003, I think?) and had all those return TDs. I was the first one in the league to realize what the scoring system was, picked Hall and a couple of other return guys off the waiver wire in Week 2 or 3, and waltzed to a championship.
    It was stupid, but looking back it was a fun and different way to try a fantasy league. Scouring the waiver wire to figure out who's returning kicks and who's returning punts for 4-12 teams with crappy defenses is an odd experience, to say the least. I remember that league more than a couple dozen others I've played in since.

Draft saved Draft deleted