1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i will not go away until everybody admits conan is the funniest man on tv ... i'm looking at you, forever.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jimmy Kimmel's show is consistently funnier than Letterman or Leno...

I grew up worshipping Letterman, but he phones it in too much... Leno has never been funny since taking over full-time. I can watch that show without so much as smirking and if I do it's because I'm still shocked that Stuttering John is the announcer...

Conan will be an upgrade from Leno. I don't think Fallon was the right choice to replace him, but then again, I thought Craig Ferguson would be awful and he's been surprisingly solid...

3. Mizzougrad96

His standup act is funny, but if he can't do silly songs or impressions, he's going to be in trouble...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think Conan is a funny person who manages to be unfunny almost all the time.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize Fallon's movie career didn't exactly take and that, like Carson Daly he's tight with Jeff Zucker, but from a creative standpoint I'm not feeling it. (Unless Barry Gibb makes an appearance every now and then).
    NBC might have been wiser giving the slot to someone like BJ Novak of The Office or John Oliver. Tim Meadows might have even been better.

6. Tim Meadows?

Really?

7. Msaint

Msaint Member

my wife had a high school friend that she kept in touch with just because they were buddies in high school, yet have nothing in common now. out of nostalgia, maybe. anyway, this woman hated/did not laugh at the following: seinfeld, rushmore, conan. i say "hated," past tense, because my wife eventually realized that this woman, due partly to their not having anything in common anymore, but mostly because of the horrific anti-seinfeld/rushmore/conan trifecta, could simply no longer be her friend.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's not get carried away now.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree with you.

Unless, of course, the person in question is Jimmy Fallon.

10. Mizzougrad96

You need therapy...

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

You guys should netflix/track down the original BBC film of FEVER PITCH.

Colin Firth was wonderful in it and it is, oh...about 1,000,000x better. The Fallon/Barrymore version, even though I haven't seen it, has to be one of the worst remakes in the history of remaking.

12. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Homer Simpson, as always, put it best when he ran into the room as Bart and Lisa were laughing.

"What are you kids laughing at! And if you say Jimmy Fallon, I know that you're lying."

Draft saved Draft deleted