1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Watched Almost Famous last night for the first time in a long time. I'd forgotten that Fallon was in that movie.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This thread explains why I'm glad I never got into the late-night habit.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would rather stick bamboo shoots under my nails than watch one Nealon Update.

4. Msaint

Msaint Member

"I once hit a man in Dearborn, Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on going. I don't know if he's alive or dead...but I'm sorry. Not a day goes by I don't see his face."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet Cameron Crowe told him he could do the movie only if he looked nothing like Jimmy Fallon...

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I'm alone on this one, I'm sure, but Dirty Work is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

And if I may say somethingpure tripe, Kevin Nealon's humor seems to be lost on many peoplehumorless hacks. His wisdom, wit and flair for deliverycheap gag are truly in a class of their own on Saturday Night Liveuseless filler. Anyone lucky enough to witness this display of humor as it happenedbeered-up morons can attest to this. I can only hope that, at some point in my future enjoyment of late-night entertainmentspank material, I will again see something on par with Nealon's excellence in comedycheap gags. Thanks for listening.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Second the Dirty Work thumbs up.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Uh-huh. Well-played. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted