1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy Fallon covers "Charles In Charge" theme song ... as Bob Dylan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm not crazy about the show, but Fallon's impressions of certain rock icons are spot-on and oh-so hilarious.

Here's his Bob Dylan ... covering the "Charles In Charge" theme song.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Does a mean Neil Young as well:

3. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'll say this about Fallon, he's come a long way since he took over the show. He's pretty watchable now, and he's got a really strong stable of writers doing some of the more interesting late night stuff on right now.

4. MrHavercamp

MrHavercamp Member

Fallon definitely keeps getting better. The show's bit are pretty solid. And the impersonations? Well, that's as good of a Dylan as you'll see. (I'll also admit with a small degree of shame that I used to like watching "Charles in Charge." Baio rocks!)

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was outstanding.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

i enjoy fallon; dvr sh'ows when there's a guest worth seeing. the dylan bit was terrific.

THREADJACK: but another highlight was deniro/bradley cooper promoting their new movie. i guess this is the way deniro rolls on those rarest of occasions when he does one of these gigs, 'cause he's clearly not comfortable (he also went on letterman with dustin hoffman holding his hand to pitch the latest 'fockers' flick). i also don't believe he's particularly articulate with much of anything to say.

i'm sure he's bright, no doubt about it, but he's the classic case of a film actor who requires MANY takes. a film actor who depends upon someone else giving him the lines, to lend him the voice he lacks in 'real life.'

a terrific nugget from the deniro/cooper segment was learning that cooper was one of thing the 'students' who asked deniro a question during the 'here are your students' segment of 'inside the actor's studio' in, like, '98/'99. that session with lipton was further evidence of how little deniro has to say and/or simply how inarticulate ob dihe is when playing himself. his transformation from 'bobby deniro' into ROBERT DENIRO is nothing short of remarkable.

i get that this is largely what 'acting' is about but i can't think of any other acting icon who can't at least ACT as if he's got plenty to say without a script.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Harrison Ford is much the same way.

8. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

My favorite Harrison Ford moment:

He was at the set for Air Force One. I think it was inside a hangar, and it was big.

Some F-list syndicated evening talk show dipshit is interviewing him. One of the first questions: "Is this the biggest set you've ever been on?"

Ford looks at him like he's the stupidest person on the planet. "Star Wars. Raiders of the Lost Ark."

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My favorite Harrison Ford moment is his "cameo" in Bruno (language NSFW):

Draft saved Draft deleted