1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy B vs. Andy Katz

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Honest question: Are you being sarcastic?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'll leave it at that. And of course I know the media's angles. But it gets old after a while. I get tired of coaches being jabbed so much after losses. One team has to lose. Better to ask what's next than to look for ways to assign blame.

3. Dick Whitman

Do you recommend that Congress receive the same deference? The President? A CEO?

Or just almighty, exalted college ball coaches?

4. Riptide

Honest question: Do you see only one side of Boeheim/Katz?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I get sick of the overreaction to a loss. Syracuse lost by 3 to a very good Marquette team. This wasn't the kind of loss where anyone needs to completely re-evaluate everything they've done to this point.

Does this team need a leader? Why because they lost by 3 to a team that they probably should have lost by 3 to?

Sorry, but it's a really bad question.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did the specifics of that feud ever come out?

7. Dick Whitman

No. If Katz told him he wouldn't ask a question as a condition of getting him on camera, then asked the question, then that's bush league on Katz.

Do you think that Congress should get the kid glove treatment? The President? A CEO? A judge?

Or just the molders of men who make seven figures, frequently in public tax money, to teach 19-year-olds how to run an offense?

8. Riptide

Form your own opinions. Condescension ain't working with me here.

9. Dick Whitman

You said that Boeheim and other coaches deserve deference from the assembled media. Not just good questions, like Mizzou suggests. But deference after a loss. Because they try hard. And mold men.

Does Barack Obama deserve said deference? Does John Boehner? Does Marissa Mayer? Was the New York Times a big meanie face today for printing the Yahoo! memo? She's trying to do her job, after all. Leave CEO'ing to the experts.

10. Riptide

You're putting words in my mouth now.

You're a lawyer, right?
    Don't they have any lawyer boards for you to play on?

11. Dick Whitman

If a coach fucks up, he's the first to know it. Why rub his nose in it? The real experts are playing and coaching the games.

Deference.

12. Riptide

Forward-looking questions are more constructive after a tough loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted