1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jimmy B vs. Andy Katz

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Jim Boeheim apparently has a beef with Andy Katz.

Per Sports Journalism Center
    I guess it'd be one thing if Katz was wrong. Was he?
    It would be another if Boeheim acted like this because he was pissed the word got out.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The disloyal comment is interesting. I wonder what that's about.

3. AtticusFinch

AtticusFinch Member

Hmm, last I knew, Syracuse wasn't paying Andy Katz's wages. Not sure where the "disloyal" is coming from either.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how the ESPN studio heads treat it. They love them some Boeheim.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Katz carries water for many coaches. Maybe, before now, Boeheim was one of them.

6. slc10

slc10 Member

maybe we are staring to see a few more cracks in the ESPN armor. The people they need for stories,etc. are starting to turn on them.

7. slc10

slc10 Member

Also I think Boeheim was mad after his team was defeated by UConn and he was not cooled off sufficiently.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

After Syracuse won the regional in 1996, Boeheim came into his press conference and tore one of the New York writers a new asshole just before the presser officially began. Apparently, the writer had predicted that Syracuse was going to lose in the first round. I think the Orange were a No. 4 or No. 5 seed that year and I remember being stunned that the first thing Boeheim did after securing a Final Four berth was go after a writer.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Boeheim is a bully and a dick, and he's always been this way. Calhoun was the same, he just had a softer edge because he could do humor too. Boeheim does dry humor when he's in the mood, but it doesn't play quite the same.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The year Syracuse won the title I remember everybody writing from that Final Four how much Boeheim had mellowed...

I wonder how long that lasted... :D

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

In the only Syracuse game I've covered, Jim Boeheim bitched out a student reporter for a perfectly reasonable question. This was after a 15-point win.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Someone on Twitter said the Katz beef had something to do with a Bernie Fine story.

Draft saved Draft deleted