1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Zorn Fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 4, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, he fumbled 11 times and lost three of them (according to Yahoo's stats). He threw 15 interceptions. Turning the ball over 18 times with mediocre receivers and a horrible offensive line really isn't that bad at all.

He's a very average quarterback who could be decent with a strong offense around him. He is far from the Redskins' biggest problem.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

His spirit was crushed after Dan Hawkins held onto the Colorado job.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Because if he actually somehow succeeds, he gets to put back on the "genius" mantle that got a little tattered his last few years in Denver. And the money.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Snyder will leave the right guy alone, I think. He left Gibbs alone and he made the playoffs two of his four years. The job he did after Sean Taylor was killed was pretty darn good. Except the whole Taylor thing, coupled with his grandson's health, wore him out.

5. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Zorn deserved better than this. Hopefully he willl land on his feet as a QB coach or coordinator somewhere else.

As for Jason Campbell ... he has poor accuracy, terrible instincts in the pocket, and has yet to show the ability to lead a big drive or make a clutch throw. Perhaps a change of scenery would do him a world of good, but he has certain limitations that aren't going to change at this point in his career.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The money's the reason.

A not-so-astonishing mistake on Snyder's part.
    As I've previously noted here, Shanny was blessed with Elway, than went down with the ship in a blizzard of bad-character stories in the final years.

Yeah, it's hard to impress me when what you rode was an Elway/Manning-calibre talent. Can you blame me?

7. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Rank em 1-32, he's somewhere in the 20s.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

He's the 15th-rated QB in the league. Doesn't mean he's the 15th-best QB in the league. Just saying..

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think Dave Kreig should get the job.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's not horrible, but a lot of the mediocre QBs in the league have potential to get better. I don't think Campbell does.

Anyway, that's for another thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So is he "not horrible" or "among the worst starting QBs in the league"?

I'm confused.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted