1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Zorn Fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I like the TE who took Cooley's place. That's about it.
    Shanahan already has his staff in place. Wouldn't shock me if he's announced at the 12:30 thing, though I think they may wait until tomorrow.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How do you know this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

Depends if they have to re-interview Gray today, assuming they didn't do that on the plane late last night or as soon as they landed.

Definitely wouldn't stun me if they announced Shanny today given the quick turnaround from Cerrato to Allen. What was that, like two hours?

I'm guessing Shanny will be announced tomorrow or Wednesday. Any chance the Bears make a run for him?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Fixed

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like Shanahan gets announced today.

Kyle Shanahan expected to be his new OC, according to Casserly on CBS yesterday. And Mike Zimmer leaving the Bengals to be the DC.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If they draft Jimmy Fucking Claussen, I really will quit as a Skins fan. I mean it this time.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

NFL has already given them the "wink" on the Rooney Rule with the "interview" of Gray, so they are clear.
    Who did color on SD-Skins yesterday? I joined it late. He played for Shanahan and said he talked to him Saturday night. Then said he would not be surprised to see him as Skins coach "soon." So, yeah, it is done.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It was John Lynch.

9. JackReacher

I'd be happy with Zimmer as the DC. Kyle Shanny as OC? Meh. Sure. He seems OK. Sure better than what's in place now.

And to hit on Campbell again, if he's getting sacked 40+ times, what do you think a rookie QB does? Gotta stick with Campbell, but they won't.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

outing alert - baron is mike leach

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Cosmo, How many times, over how many players have you made that threat?

I don't think Dan Snyder believes you are serious my friend.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What is Campbell's contract status? Is he one of those guys who would be a free agent normally, but becomes restricted if the uncapped year happens?

Draft saved Draft deleted