1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Zorn Fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Least surprising news of the morning. But Jim Zorn is already gone, ending a situation the team handled as awful as you could. To go with it, the team makes a total mockery of the Rooney Rule with the Jerry Gray nonsense. The circus at Deadskins Park continues.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Took long enough. :)

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They could further improve the brainpower factor at FedEx by locking Snyder in a room with a table and a loaded pistol . . . but not holding my breath.

4. JackReacher

Apparently, there's a presser scheduled at Redskins Park for 12:30 p.m. today.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's not news until ESPN learns it. :p

6. JackReacher

I'll say it again...Jason Campbell is not the problem in DC. Dude threw for 3,600 yards and 20 TDs while being sacked 43 times.

That said, Snyder will draft Bradford or Clausen. Ugh.

They can make all the coaching changes they want. Won't make a difference.

7. Flying Headbutt

They'll just finish 7-9 instead of 4-12.

Enough with the silver lining bullshit about how "Dan Snyder is passionate about winning." That's so completely 100% wrong. Dan Snyder is petulant about winning.

8. JackReacher

If the Skins can finish 7-9 next year, I'd be happy with that. Not gonna turn that sham of a franchise around in a year. That's for sure.

And you're exactly right about Snyder.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Campbell was the best player on a terrible offense which isn't saying much. Is he a guy who put up numbers and took a beating, sure but is he a guy who can win games when needed? Not at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think Campbell is the guy who is going to win a Super Bowl, but he's not a guy who is going to go out there and lose it.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm no Skins apologist, but I'll stick up for Campbell here. Not a lot in the way of weapons around him, save the delightfully overrated Santana Moss, although their young guys showed some life late in the year. They started four running backs and roughly 870 offensive linemen. Get him some guys to keep him upright and some guys to throw to - in that order - and you'll see him start winning some games.

12. Flying Headbutt

How do you know? I mean, could Jacques Cousteau explore deep oceanic coral reefs and sunken pirate ships with a row boat, some rope, a pair of swimming goggles, and one flipper?

Draft saved Draft deleted